Thursday 1 January 2015

Target Audience

I have deiced to research more into NME's target audience and realized that it is not all indie based. It has broad variety of music artist staring in it, it just that Indie music stars appear most often in it. I then looked at my survey monkeys questions which showed me that my target audience is 15-24 year old's. While my music magazine will stay Indie based I realized that I will not be able to get in a fair bit of my target audience with just Indie based musicians as not everyone in that age group likes Indie music. Therefore I have decided to include another artist on my front cover, but they will not be a made up artist as I don't have time to do another photo-shoot, so I will probably use someone like Jay-Z or Katy Perry on my front cover so I can bring in more of my target audience who don't like Indie music! This will increase the popularity of my magazine as I am spreading out my target audience. This was an important aspect I needed to address as not everyone is into Indie rock and NME and Q also feature artists who are non indie.

No comments:

Post a Comment