Wednesday 14 January 2015

drafting and palnning:Double Page Spread

This is my double page spread for LGM. I have based it on NME's double page spread by not directly asking my cover star questions, but explaining his career mixed in with his views. I only used part of my interview because when I wrote it I planned for two more pages after you have turned over. I made the writing red to go with my colour scheme and the bits Jake does not say are in bold to show the audience who's talking. I used to pull quotes, one on the image and one in the article to show the audience why Jake is retiring and I think both quotes, used in the interview, fit that perfectly. The pull quote I used on the image I put in white to complement the gry background, and for the same reason I put the other pull quote in black on the white background. I really like the image used as the hands in pockets, direct address, and slanted head shows that Jake does not really care anymore and his attitude really complements the grey dull background of the picture. For my real double page spread I think I need to improve on two things. Firstly I need to make the page numbers clear, because you can see the number '24' on one page but can't really see '23' due to the colour of the picture. I will also need to experiment with PagePlus for the real thing and try and base the text around the image which is more centered. This might not look as good but it will be good to see which two look the best as this one is the typical one image on one side and text on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment