Tuesday 13 January 2015

drafting and planning: Front cover analysis

This is my front cover for my magazine LGM. Like the contents page I had done a draft before this but decided to make one on Paint.Net with a better picture to produce a better product. I decided to organize another photo shoot and this time used a plain background. I got my cover star Jake to put his hands in his pockets and give direct address to show the audience his attitude but also to show that he is tired with music, which fits in with my interview about him retiring. I also put the main cover line in red, and the other cover lines in black to show that Jake is the main story. I kept the fonts nice and simple and included the made up backup stars in the cover lines. However I used a screamer by using Katy Perry at the bottom. This will help get in my target audience who like more than just indie rock. I also used a pug to lure in my target audience. I kept to the codes and conventions of a music magazine by including a dateline, price, website, and barcode at the top. I decided to add in a limited edition sign to also pull in my target audience as it shows that this is a big issue.Finally I made the masthead bold and black to stand out and positioned it so the left third could be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment