Tuesday 2 December 2014

Target Audience

This is a front cover for NME magazine. I am basing my magazine, LGM, on NME so I have looked at their target audience and their demographic. NME's target audience is teenagers and young people and they use things such as house colours to attract them. They use bright colours such as red and blue which appeals to a younger demographic. Also as shown by the main cover star sticking out her tongue it shows a rebellious side which most young people like as they see themselves as rebellious and against 'the man'. Also as the main cover star is a woman it shows that it is a unisex magazine which helps bring in more of their target audience. Also the main cover star is young and they barley use an older generation on their front cover. Also the magazine remains formal for the benfit of the younger demographic, and the use of a pug, in the free posters, appeal more to a younger audience as older people do not tend to stick up posters.

This task has really helped me because it has shown my what I can use to attract a younger demographic which is my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment