Monday 15 December 2014

Drafting and Planning:contents page analysis








This is my finished contents page for my magazine LGM. I based it around NME magazines contents page as they are the magazine I have researched the most into. I decided to split my page into columns to make it look more professional but also to separate the main interview from the side stories. I decided to make one half of the side interviews in a red font and the other half in a black font to symbolism that the stories on the left are more important stories. I also added in a subscription advert to attract my target audience and featured pictures of everyone in this edition of my magazine to show my target audience who they are and once again to attract them. I kept my fonts simple yet easy to read and this fits in with what fonts NME use.I used mid shots for all the side acts but used a long shot for Jake as he is my main interview and so the audience can see his prop which shows he is very good at music. Also for the picture in the bottom right corner I decided to keep the background, because in Q magazine they had Ed Sheeran on their contents page at his old school, and as Nick Frost is the new kid on the block I planned to make him go back to his old school which is why I kept in the background. Finally I made my header big to show the audience that this is the contents page and what it will feature. I think to improve this contents page I need to re-organize another photo shoot or use some different pictures because it parts of the contents page it looks a bit plain for example the image of Jake I have used. Therefore to improve this I will use a different software to construct another contents page with different images to see how it looks. I will keep some aspects of this contents page as some images are real good images and I have used simple but effective fonts. I also like the use of columns for a contents page because NME use it and it clearly shows my target audience what the main story is as it is sort of separated from the other stories. 

This task has helped me pick out some key bits of a contents page and showed me how to construct one. I can use this as a base for making my real contents page to help me create a proper music magazine contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment