Tuesday 11 November 2014

Drafting and Planning: NME Contents page and 2 page spread: remake remodel task


This is my draft contents page for the remake remodel task. I had my main story as Flyn in the middle with a picture and some quotes as that is what NME do and this is an NME contents page. I then drew up and index of page numbers on publisher and inserted it into paint. I then used bands usually in NME such as Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters. I then went and looked at NME contents page in the shops and in the issues I looked at they had prizes can be won at the top and an advertisement for a band. So I got an image of the MUSE who are usually in NME and did an advertisement for them then added in prizes to be won.

I used a white background as that is usually used in NME and kept the fonts simple and easy to read but still big and bold for effect. Finally I used WordArt to make my This week sign then put it together with an NME logo and imported it into paint, thus finishing my contents page!

This is my two page spread magazine for NME magazine featuring the interview with Flyn. I decided to shoot the picture of my cover star on a bridge as it gives off a bit off his personality as it portrays him as someone who like the outside as well as being as bit mysterious as a photo shoot for a music star usually doesn't take place on a bridge. and the background fits in. Also due to him having his hands in his pockets show that he is a bit rebellious. I just simple made up the interview using NME interviews as base, and then picked out a quote from the interview to add on to the picture. I put it in white so it looks effective and is easy to read, this was also the reason I kept the font simple.

One improvements I need to make is that I failed to put page numbers on my double page spread. It is vital that I include this because while it is a simply convention it is the biggest because if I don't have page numbers then my target audience won't know where my main story is. Also there is not a consistency between my front cover and contents page, as Coldplay does not feature on my contents page but is on my contents page.

This task will help me in the future as it has helped me find out what I need to include when making a contents page and a two page spread!

No comments:

Post a Comment